How to Control Stored Product Pests
Pantry Pests include pantry beetles (9 kinds), pantry weevils (2 kinds), pantry moths (5 kinds). They multiply fast so we need to get started with Stored product pest Control right away.
Here’s an example of how fast some pantry pests populations can grow. The Saw-Toothed Grain Beetle female will deposit shiny white eggs at an alarming rate, in a 4 to 5 month period egg count can reach up to 42,285 shiny white eggs. Adults live 5-10 months. That’s 6 to seven generations per year. Females continue to lay eggs.
Pantry Pests feed on
A good suggestion to prevent pantry pests infestations would be to keep the following items in clean sealed containers with screw top lids.
- breakfast cereals
- dried fruits,
- dried meats
- dog food
Pantry Pests Control Steps
- Find, remove and destroy all pantry pests infested materials. Toss in the trash and remove the bag from the house.
- Vacuum thoroughly to remove flour and other food materials from cracks and crevices.
- Use warm soap and water and a sponge and wipe the inside pantry surfaces clean and then wipe dry or let dry.
- Use GENTROL® AEROSOL as a general surface spray, spot, or crack and crevice application. GENTROL® AEROSOL can reach those nymphs that fail to forage to baits and the IGR stimulates egg-bearing females to leave their harbourage and feed. (Shake well before each use.)
- Attach the supplied straw to the nozzle and get GENTROL® AEROSOL into all cracks and crevices where pantry pests hide.
- Then remove the straw and fan spray the flat surfaces inside the pantry. Let completely dry
- This should take care of your pantry critters.
No Chemical Alternative Pantry Pest Treatment
Pantry Pest Traps are an excellent alternative if you decide not to use a chemical product.
PT 4 Allure Insect Trapping System Allure attracts and traps stored product insects by using controlled release pheromones. Pheromones are chemicals produced to let other members of the same species know when to mate, aggregate, or avoid danger. Allure traps economize and simplify the inspection process.
When getting rid of pantry pests you may want to use traps along with your treatment to catch the stragglers. Here are some of the best-selling most effective pantry traps.